Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Decorated Mantle

Hey guys!! I have finally jumped on the band wagon and have done some fall decorating. Last year we were in the process of moving and I never really decorated for fall before, so with that said I really didn't have much. So, this morning I headed out to Ross and Michael's. I was so excited to get my fall groove on that I finished my mantle area already! :) I have set myself a budget for fall decor I can purchase so, so far I have spent 13 dollars. 

I took everything off and started with a blank slate. I will show you the steps I took to achieve this look.


 I added some fall garland that I got at Michael's for 5.00 and added two amber hurricanes from Kirkland's. I had these on here before.


Next I added a book box from Ross and a Roo from Hobby Lobby.


Close up of Mr. Roo.


Next, I added these two fall arrangements that I purchased last year from Michael's.




In between I added two pumpkins. While at Ross today I found a set of 3 for 3.99!



Here is the finished look. I added two candlesticks with fall candles that I purchased from Ross today for 2.50 each they are pumpkin spice. They smell sooo good! I also added a bird cage that I added embellishments to on top of a book box and a plant.


Here is a close up of the birdcage. All I did was use three different ribbons that I actually had on hand. I wired it on to the bird cage and then just stuffed in leaf stems from some leaf bushes that I got from Dollar Tree. For the inside I added more stems and a small pumpkin.


I love the way it turned out! 



Here is Walter in his favorite spot! :)


Well that's it for today guys! I will be doing more fall decorating. I will share with you all once I finish up some stuff. 
Have a great week!!


I will be joining Kristen for




 Layla For




 And Liz for


~Allyson~

17 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Ally, what great finds! You did well! I LOVE your birdcage. That is awesome! (You picked some great places to shop.) Just goes to show that you don't have to spend a lot of money to create a fantastic look! Great job!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Walter looks so sweet in his spot...I love the ribbons on top of the birdcage...all is beautiful!

The Tuscan Home said...

Ok, girl, I am in love with your birdcage...A D O R A B L E!! I love how you took us from a blank slate to warm and cozy fall, just beautiful! I can't to see what else you have up your sleeve. XO ~Liz
P.S. I'm with Shenita, it's all about the bargain and a bargain can look pretty darn good. =)

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

It all looks great! Love the birdcage with the ribbon on top!

L said...

Way to decorate on a budget, Ally!
It looks great. Is it still hot there or is it starting to cool off a bit?
Love the birdcage. So sweet. I look forward to seeing more of your fall decorating.
Walter is so stinkin' cute sitting in his favorite spot!

have a great evening~ Lu

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Hi Allyson,Love your new fall mantle decor. The birdcage is so beautiful and looks beautiful. The whole look is festive and classy of course!The pillars and containers are a great idea. You always have such style sense for the whole look.Thanks for sharing and your details of the steps.The doggy is too cute and looks quiet content.

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Ally, I'm glad you joined the party! Your mantle looks great!! I have used that same roo in arrangements...it's a good one. your birdcage looks so pretty too! Love it! Kristen

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Great job on everything! I love the multicolored ribbons on your birdcage. It's very cute. That's such a great idea!

Traci said...

Very nice! My favorite part though is Walter. He's adorable!!!

Theresa said...

I love your birdcage, everything looks great Allyson! I will be posting on my blog sometime today all my fall decorations please come stop on by!

Helen's Decor said...

Ally, I'm loving everything. It looks so fresh and different. Congratulations on sticking to your budget. Thanks for sharing.

Becca Bertotti said...

Allyson, this is beautiful !! I love that you showed the "blank slate," and then how you achieved this gorgeous look. Love the ribbons you mixed together, too. Mr. Roo looks great perched right in the middle. And, Walter clearly approves. :)

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Looks really great, Allyson! I really like the birdcage. I scored a birdcage at Ross yesterday. Haven't shown pics of that yet, but soon! Have a great weekend!
:) CAS

Beverly Dillow said...

Love it! Beautiful job!!!

andrea@townandprairie said...

I love the fall bundles and the addition of the chicken! He makes the whole setting for me. (My icon is 'the chicken.') andrea@townandprairie

Carol said...

All the fall colors really pop against your brick wall! Beautiful!

Smiles,
Carol

Kitchen Benchtops said...

There all so gorgeous, also love the flowers and patterns!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...