Tuesday, May 07, 2013

New Vignettes in the Kitchen

Hey! So sorry I haven't been able to get a post up, between two little ones and trying to keep up with normal every day duties I haven't had a chance to do any new decorating around here. I also have been having an issue with my computer letting me upload my photos, so I had to take pictures with my phone and upload and try to edit online.. I hope they look okay! 

I changed up all of the vignettes in the kitchen on the counter. I get bored with the same look after awhile. I usually end up liking the new look so much better, so its fun to change it up. To the island I added a Tuscan pot that I filled with greenery, a roo from Ross that I put on top of a book to give it some height and a metal tray from Ross.





I have never been happy with anything that I put on this shelf, it's definitely one of the spots that I struggle with. I am loving the way it looks now. I added a Tuscan plate from Big Lots, a roo from Hobby Lobby, an arrangment I made awhile back and two wine bottles to each end.



I removed the greenery from the pot rack, I think it looks better without it. I need to get some decorative pots to hang from it.



For this corner I added a big metal vase that I just recently bought from a friend who was moving, a glass jar and a cake stand filled with greenery, grapes and wine corks.


I really wanted to have more items grouped together rather than spread out, so I really filled this corner. I added a lamp for some height, glass jars, mr. pig, a cookbook stand, a finial and some greenery. 


I grouped the canisters together rather than spreading them out along the wall.



Lastly, I added some greenery to the base of the wine bottles.



I hope you all enjoyed my new vignettes! I created some new vignettes around the house, so I will share them with you soon. 

Have a great rest of the week!

~Allyson~

Joining Maria for Tuesday's at our Home
&
Pamela for Treasure Hunt Thursday

10 comments:

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Hi Allyson! So good to see you're back! I've missed your posts! I love what you've done! I'm trying to kind of group things together too, instead of spreading them out. I recently grouped my canisters together too and I like it better that way. You've got me wanting a pot rack now. :) Looking forward to seeing more of your posts! We need an updated baby girl pic too. :)

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Glad you were able to play a little and have some fun in your kitchen. Your new arrangements look great. It really does make us feel better to change things up!

Unknown said...

Hello, Glad to see you can post again! I love your new arrangements in the Kitchen. I have been slowly changing my decor from Prim/Country to more of a Farmhouse/Cottage look...I'm taking my time as I'm in uncharted waters but am really loving the look for this chapter in our life since we have moved..Looking forward to more of your posts!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Hey Allyson! Everything looks so good!
Your pictures turned out great. Hey I wonder if coffee mugs would look good hanging from the pot rack?? I don't know how high it is, but it's a thought! I can't imagine doing a blog back when my kids were little! I think they were in junior high when we got on the internet for the firs time! Things sure have changed! Enjoy them, it goes quickly!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh pretty Alyson, I love your gorgeous vignettes! Each one is so creative, with great elements! I'm loving that adorable high heel shoe with the wine. Everything is so inspiring! Big hugs,
FABBY

Cynthia said...

As usual, you have outdone yourself, beautiful vignettes. I always love to see what you are up to.

Cynthia

Stacey @DivaDecor&More said...

Love your new looks!!!:) I think some red Paula Deen pots & pans would be FAB to hang on your pot rack & they would be functional...

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

The vignettes are beautiful!...I do not have little ones at home and cannot imagine how busy you are and you seem to always find time to always make things look so beautiful...

Diane said...

Everything is gorgeous! I could look at pics of your house everyday :o)

Unknown said...

Love your home décor...where did you or (anyone that can tell me), where can those nightlights be found? I have searched high and lo and cant find them anymore... :/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...