Friday, July 15, 2011

***Living Room Revealed***

Hey guys! Sorry I have been such a bad blogger lately, we have been so busy! We installed a doggy door a few weeks ago and found out that we have termites.. GRRRR. So, we had some companies come out and we got some quotes and picked one. We had to move everything in our garage to the center, mind you we still didn't have all of our stuff inside that needed to come in so that all got shoved everywhere inside. They are here right now, they have been drilling holes into the base of the house for two hours. No fun!! Anyways, enough with all of that. I wanted to share with you our main living room, this is where we spend most of our time. I would say that this is 90 percent finished, so I thought I would share.

Here is a before picture of what this room used to look like before.


***Living Room***
Here is what it looks like now.



Here is where my baker's rack sits that I showed you a few weeks ago. I have had these sticks for a long time, they were in a glass vase but one morning we woke up and I came downstairs to the vase tipped over and shattered everywhere. Truth is I never really liked the glass but just never changed it. So I headed to Ross and picked up this one for 14.99! Yay! Love it!


Ofcourse, I was drawn to the fleur de lis I also liked that it's metal so if it tips over again for some odd reason it wont break.


 I bought this picture last year and never really fell in love with it, but when I tried to go exchange it at Kirkland's it was on clearance for 25 dollars so that's all they would give me. So I decided to keep it and now I really like it in this room.


I pulled some of the green from the picture out and painted this accent wall along the fireplace. The color is from Valspar called Churchill Hotel Olive. I really like the color, I think I am going to paint my laundry room this color.


I love fleur de lis! :) 


I love my big clock it looks so pretty on this fireplace, don't mind Walter this is his favorite spot.


I purchase this floral arrangement from Kristen last year, it looks so pretty on the fireplace too.


These fireplace tools were my husband's great grandma's.



You will never guess what I did with these curtains. I had two standard panels from Target that I bought a few years ago that I had in my room. So all I did was cut them up the middle and hemmed the raw edge with the glue gun and wala! I now have 4 panels for the price of two. 


Here's a close up of the panels, below is Jackson's toy box. I bought this storage ottoman from Target it is functional and pretty!


Love these feather down pillows from Ross. They have the best deals on pillows!


My in laws gave us this coffee table that I cannot decide if I want to paint, stain or spray with oil rubbed bronze spray paint. I have seen this done on wood and it looks so pretty! I will be figuring that out soon. I am not a big fan of light wood.


Well that's all for today guys. I hope you enjoyed our living room. I will be back next week. 
Have a great weekend!!




19 comments:

Jolyn said...

Very very nice, you really have a knack for decorating. I can't believe the differance in the before and after. Looks like you are getting all settled in. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Jolyn

L said...

Ally sorry to hear about the termites. What a pain!
The room looks wonderful. You've done a fantastic job pulling everything together. It looks so cozy and inviting in this room..love that. The coffee table looks like a nice one. I bet it would be pretty black/distressed! I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
Walter is cute. It must be cool on the mantel! ha-ha

enjoy your weekend~L

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

It is looking beautiful. I love that green.

All That Glitters said...

really pretty! love your fireplace!

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Hi, hope you are doing better with home buggies! I am so sorry for you, homes are endless work and surprises. You all have done a tremendous amount of work….I love the olive accent color, it is gorgeous. Your arrangement of the living is great. The window panels look so elegant. I love Fleur de Lis and love the iron work and tall vase.Your Ross finds are beautiful. Thanks Allyson for sharing your special room with us. take care.

laxsupermom said...

Sorry to hear about the termites! That stinks!

Your living room is looking fantastic! Great solution with the window treatments! I'd love to see that table chalk painted, but can't wait to see what you do with it. Thanks for sharing.

Becca Bertotti said...

So beautiful and inviting, Allyson! I love the green wall color you added, and the clock is so pretty! My husband would LURVE a big ol' TV like that ... must be fun during football season (my fave). Thanks for sharing!

The Tuscan Home said...

Hi Allyson,
Beautiful! I love it all, but I have to know...where did you find that Fleu de Les? I must get that for my house. I swear, I get more ideas from you. I really like your new pillows. You've made that room so pretty and cozy and I love the wall color. I love your clock, too! Well done, girl! It looks like you got your decorating groove on...FABULOUS JOB! XO ~Liz

Colleen said...

Hi Allyson, It looks so nice in there. Love your color scheme. Sorry to hear about the termites!! Boo!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Sorry about the termite problem, but your new living room is beautiful. Great job! Oh and a doggy door? I bet somebody is happy. I don't know what we would do without our doggy doors.

NanaDiana said...

It looks beautiful. You did a really nice job pulling everything together. I think the picture goes great in your room...even though you were going to return it...and I like the green you pulled out to use on the wall. Like your pillows too. I have never seen a Ross store anywhere..xo Diana

Denise said...

Wow what a change, it looks so cozy now. I love your corner sofa, I wanted one like that but could never find one. I had to just buy a 3 seater sofa with the lounger attached like yours.

Jennifer Interiors said...

So sorry about your unwelcome critters! :( However, your living rm is beautiful!

. said...

Your living room is beautiful!! It is such a warm and inviting space. I love it.

I have the same coffee table! And I'm still trying to decide how I want to redo mine. I bought it, oh, in like 1998 or so. So, I'd say she's ready for a redo. LOL But it's so solid.

Debbiedoos said...

Sounds like you are settling in. Sorry to hear about the termites. Your place is look great though!

the cape on the corner said...

that looks great! i love that sectional so much, and your colors in here are so relaxing! so sorry to hear about your termite situation, i know that is a real pain. positive thoughts to you!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic makeover-love it.

Unknown said...

Your living room looks great...It's so warm and inviting...Great idea on the curtains ;)

Resep Masakan | Resep Masakan Indonesia | Nusantara Cooking said...

this great living room, cool for life's ...

decoration home very good nice-lah. alus pisan euy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...