Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Napkin Rings

Hey guys! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I know I said I would be sharing Christmas  crafts with you, but I just had to share this quick napkin ring idea with you for Thanksgiving that I made. I got the clever idea from Maria at Our home away from home. I just had to re-create some for myself. 

Here's what you will need to create these.
Hot glue & glue gun
Vase fillers or anything you wanna put on the front. 
Toilet paper roll cut into peices
Ribbon 
Scissors
Total cost for this project for me was FREE I had everything on hand.


Place a strip of hot glue along the tp roll and secure it all the way around.


Once you finish that run some strips of glue on the inside and fold your ribbon down and secure it to the hot glue. I used wide ribbon so I could just fold it down and you wont see the inside.


After you finish that hot glue your front peice on.


Then just fold up your napkin the way you want and place the napkin ring over it. 



I think they turned out so cute! We host Thanksgiving at our house and always have about 20-25 people so these are an inexpensive way to make pretty napkin rings. I hope you enjoyed it! I can definitely see making these for various different tablescapes.

Have a great week! I will be back soon with a post!!

~Allyson~

Joining Marty for Tabletop Tuesday

13 comments:

Maggie Perez said...

Allyson how easy and inexpensive this is very cute craft idea!

Unknown said...

Allyson, these are so cute! What a great idea!
~Audra

Blondie's Journal said...

This is such a good idea! I love it! Thanks.

XO,
Jane

Emelia DiCarlo said...

What a great idea, I love it, so pretty, didn't realize the fillers had designs too. A great project for Christmas too. Thank you Allyson. best wishes with prep and cooking. Happy Thanksgiving!

Maria Elena said...

Allyson, you did it!!!! They look gorgeous!!! I love your way even better and easier!!! I love them!

Cynthia said...

This such a beautiful project I love the fabric you chose.

Cynthia

Mrs. C said...

Wow what a great idea especially if you have a full house of people for the holiday! Napkin rings can really add up! Too cute, thank you for sharing this great idea!

Unknown said...

Allyson!! What a brilliant idea. Now you have my wheels turning.

Have a "Crazy Beautiful" week!

Unknown said...

Allyson!! What a brilliant idea. Now you have my wheels turning.

Have a "Crazy Beautiful" week!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Very pretty and clever idea! :)

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Ally, these are so cute! Perfect for hosting a large crowd! You've really got your creative juices flowing!!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Those are really cute, Allyson. You could do that for any season -- now the wheels are turning!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Very cute idea! I love making my own napkin rings too. This is one I had not thought of using wired ribbon. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...