Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Heart Of The Home

Hey Guys! First off I am Debbie Doos first feature! How exciting!! Go visit her to read the post. Today I am going to take you through a tour of my kitchen. This is the view from our main living room. 

Here are some close ups of what is above the cabinets. I bought the plates and arrangement from Kirkland's. The plate holder is from Hobby Lobby and the decorative boxes came from Home Goods.



I bought the wicker rooster from Fry's Marketplace of all places! Vases from TJ Maxx and plaque from Kirkland's.



 The Vase is from Target, Clock is from Burlington's and Fleur de lis is from Kirkland's



The greenery arrangement is from Hobby Lobby, The Wine Rack is from Target, The Roosters are from Michael's and the Plaque is from Kirkland's.



On my island I have my new Pioneer Woman cookbook and rooster Paula Deen stand I got for Christmas. In the metal container I just added some faux fruit and herbs.



This is my coffee station. The coffee mugs, tray and fleur de lis night light are from Kirkland's, The green container and rooster bowl came from Ross. My mom bought all of us this cute Starbuck's canister for Christmas. I believe she got them from Bed Bath & Beyond. I store my coffee in here, I love Dunkin Donuts Cinnamon Spice its the BEST! :) 



I added this red cheetah lamp that I got from Kirkland's. I have the same one in my guest bathroom. I added a rooster tassel that Kristen made. I love her etsy store she is one talented girl! Go check her out.


The canister's and utensil holder came from Target. The paper towel holder, cutting board and doggy treat canister are from Kirkland's. The leopard night light is from Hobby Lobby and my margaritaville margarita machine is from Bed Bath & Beyond love it!! 



The wine print came from Michael's. I found it on clearance for 12 dollars! The knife, fork and spoon are from Hobby Lobby.


I got the valances from Target.


Here's a close up of mr. rooster I got him at Hobby Lobby.


Here is my table, this used to be oak and I stained it a dark mahogany. I used minwax polyshades bombay mahogany. This took about 4 coats, you just paint it on like paint and let it fully dry between coats. I recovered the chairs as well. The fabric came from JoAnn's. 




Here is a close up of the arrangement, I had Kristen make me a custom arrangement. I love it! The candle holders are from Hobby Lobby and the runner is from Ross.


I got this baker's rack from Kirkland's I love all of the scrolls on it.



Everything you see here was purchased from Kirkland's except for the fleur de lis candle holder which is from Michael's.


The two apothecary jars are from Hobby Lobby. I plan to put some faux fruit in the rooster one and then wine corks in the other.  The topiary is from Walmart. The rooster pitcher is from Michael's and the rooster container is from Ross.


The picture frames and fleur de lis orbs are from Kirkland's. The bowl is from Target.



Below are some different angles of the Kitchen and Dining area.


Above do you see that big BEAUTIFUL white patch in the ceiling? UGHHHHH We are renting this house and the day we moved in someone went to the bathroom upstairs and BAM there is magically a leak in our ceiling! The landlord had all new tile put in the house and it turns out the landlord's brother in law put the toilets back on and didn't put wax rings on so we ended up with two leaks, one right here and the other above our pantry. What an annoyance that was. We had two big space heaters on either side blowing hot air into our gaping holes in the ceiling so it wouldn't grow mold. Mind you it was the end of October so it was still pretty hot here in AZ. The guys told me that the heat could get up to 110 degrees yeahhh very hot! Not only is it hard to move, but to deal with all of this was awful especially when you have a 1 year old. Anyhow we are just waiting for someone to get out here to paint the ceiling so we are stuck with this nice eye sore until then.

Here is our pantry it is enormous and I love it! I store all of our serving dishes and extra appliances in here. I got the metal topper from Hobby Lobby.

 Lastly, I got these wine prints from Kirkland's for Christmas.


Well, thats it for today! I hope that you enjoyed your visit of my kitchen. Stay tuned I am going to be opening up my etsy store this weekend so be sure to stop back and check out my new items. 
Have a great weekend!

~Allyson~

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Congrats on being the FIRST feature of what is sure to be a great Party place :) I love your kitchen! Its super cozy, and just plain pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen table. Did you have to strip it down to the plain wood before you put the miniwax on it? Thanks for any info... Love your ideas...

thefashunguru said...

Thanks for giving me ideas for my house! I love your creativity. Now, I can use the plates that I purchased from Kirkland's with flare.

thefashunguru said...

Thanks for your creativity! Now I can decorate with my decor from Kirklands.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...