Friday, March 04, 2011

Table and Window Treatment Decisions

Hey guys!! I hope you guys are having a great day! We were supposed to go meet my cousin and her babies at the mall for a play date today, but they aren't feeling well, so we had to reschedule. Me and Jackson made our way up to hobby lobby and I think I have figured out a new arrangement for the table and what fabric I wanna use for the roman shades and panels look. I forgot to take a picture! Dang it! I will be back there soon so next time I am there I will be sure to take one. Anyhow I think what I wanna do with the table is leave the four chairs without slipcovers and possibly leave the fabric the way it is on the chairs now or recover them with a dark brown or olive green color. The fabric I like for the roman shades have reds, golds, greens, browns. All of my favorite colors of course. I was thinking of just getting the long slipcovers for the end chairs to separate them a bit. I really like that look, so now I have to figure out if I wanna go with the gold toned ones or dark brown. I am leaning more towards the gold since my table is so dark. I had a suggestion to paint the table a lighter color, but I know that would drive me batty. I am in love with dark furniture I cannot get away from it. Thank you for the advice though I truly appreciate it! As for the panels go I am trying to decide if I wanna go with a chocolate brown or do gold or olive green. HELP me decide!! I hope I am not driving you girls nuts with trying to help me make up my crazy mind LOL.  

Ok, so below are the choices of panels, I am thinking though if I go with a olive green I might need to recover the chairs since they are red. I don't know I am horrible at making up my mind sometimes. Sorry these pictures are so small and kinda blurry. 



So what should I do?! I am thinking brown might be the way to go, that way I don't have to change out the red yet. I hope I didn't annoy you guys too much today! LOL I'll be back tomorrow to show you my new centerpiece for the table. 

Have a great Friday night!! 

~Allyson~

13 comments:

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Allyson, Choosing fabric is one of the hardest part of decorating for me. I like the olive green with red and I have a similar color scheme in my dining room. Walls are green and the chairs are covered in a burgundy/red. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my birthday post. I really appreciate your visits and the sweet notes you leave.
Thank You!
Sherry

Lori said...

I think the olive is more neutral and easier on the eyes.

Cricket said...

Hi Allyson, After reading your comment on my blog I had to pay you a visit. Love your blog! I will for sure follow so I can see all the wonderful ideas you come up with. Decorating my home is so much fun but can also b stressful at times...LOL. I have one one of those husbands who actually wants some input...dang it!!...LOL

Have a wonderful weekend,
Cricket @ crickets cafe

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Hi Allyson, Good morning! I am always partial to greens. Although browns are neutral, greens are seasonless and too dark a brown shade might make your room darker and smaller? I have a hard time with window treatments too! i am sure whatever you do will be great! Emelia. Have a great weekend.

Colleen said...

you sound like me. I am one of the most indecisive people when it comes to decorating my home. it drives me insane!!!

I really think the olive color is pretty with the color scheme you described.

Liz said...

Hi Sweetie,
I'm probably no help, because as you know I am partial to anything green. I have to say, I am lovin' the olive green, so pretty! I'm excited to see what you do. =)

Guess what, girl, I TOTALLY copied you. Yesterday when I was at Ross I bought the exact same Leopard trunk and picture frame. I couldn't help myself, as I mentioned...it is something I would buy for my home in a heartbeat. I got them both for the exact same price, too! I LOVE them. I hope you don't mind...blush!!

Hope you're having a great weekend. I decorated with Mr. Roo and I'll show you him next week.

XOXO ~Liz

Blondie's Journal said...

What a bid decision! I am so picky about fabrics, my family room is still curtain~less after 8 months! lol! Take your time...you have to live with the choice. I do like the green though!!

XO,
Janie

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Tough call here for me...I have to see the room and what else you are putting in and around it...I like both colors to be honest.

LC said...

Hi Allyson! I think that either color will work with the red. Maybe you should wait till you get your fabric and then see what you think might be best. I would have to see the fabric before I choose brown or green! I love all the earthy colors, too. My my entire house is full of those colors! =o)
I hope your having a great Saturday~ L

Carolyn @ Adrift on the Lake said...

I like both colors! But am always partial to green... love green and reds together!

Pepper Lovin! said...

Thanks for your super nice comment! I think that the red and green would accent one another super nice. I love that combo and the fact that the red isn't like a red table cloth where its large it will break up the colors well. Good Luck home decor is sooo hard

Cait said...

i think i like the green :) it's such a gorgeous color that you could do so much with! xo

Traci said...

I vote for brown. Of course I'm biased because that's one of my favorite colors! I know it'll look great whatever you decide.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...