Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yum!!

Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't been around much, haven't really felt like blogging, so I guess I would say I am taking a small break. Me and my husband decided that we want to start eating healthier, so we are playing around with new recipes. Last night we made Dijon Salmon, Garlic Asparagus and Rice. Delicious!! 

Here are the ingredients I put on the salmon


I put salt and pepper on the salmon first and then mixed together both of the Dijon mustard's and spread it out on top. Sprinkled some bread crumbs on top of the mustard. Melt about 3 tablespoons of butter and pour on top of the bread crumbs. Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.


I love using chicken broth instead of water to make my rice it tastes so much better!


Dinner is served! This meal was very good!  I didn't get a picture of the asparagus cooking but I just melted 2 tablespoons of butter in a saute pan and cooked the asparagus for about 10 minutes. I waited a bit to add the garlic so it didn't burn.


Well, that's it for today guys! I will be back this week with a decorating post. Have a great week!


11 comments:

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Well I could eat this for diet food, it looks delicious! And all my favorites too.

Traci said...

I wish I could convince my hubs to eat healthier! It would be so much easier on me. He's the cook at our house & I've been dieting & it's really hard to not eat his cooking!!

Sandra said...

Ally, this dish looks delish! I need to start cooking some more...I have already collected a few recipes from blogs! I'll definitely add this to my collection! It looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Oh this looks so good! I'm copying your recipe :)

L said...

mmm..looks great, Ally. I love asparagus. It's my favorite veggie. Good for you and your hubby for eating healthier!
~L

Unknown said...

That looks so Good! I'm going to try this for my Husband, Thanks for the yummy recipe.

Enjoy your Week!

Rachel said...

YUMMY!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Sounds yummy! Wish I could get The Man to eat fish. I think it's a Catholic School thing that burned him out on fish at a very early age....lol!

Becca Bertotti said...

YUMMY ... that looks delicious, Allyson !! Kudos to you guys for choosing to eat healthy ... can't wait to see what other recipes you share. xo

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi pretty lady!
Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Sounds fantastic!
I think my whole family will like it too.
This is always hard.... everyone likes something different.
I often feel like a short order cook!

Happy 4th Allyson!
xox
Alison

The Tuscan Home said...

YUMMERS!! I'll be over in a bit for a bite!! =) I had the exact same dinner last Wednesday, but the Salmon had a differnet marinade. I'll be sure to try yours, it looks fabulous! XOXO ~Liz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...