Monday, January 23, 2012

~***Living Room Part 1***~

Hey! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I want to share with you all today my front living room tweaked after Christmas. There are two parts to this room so I will show one today and the other part in a day or so. It's a very gloomy overcast day today. 

I have showed this room to you a few times and it is ALMOST finished of course with the normal tweaking. There are a few things I need to add/ finish in here and then I think I can leave it alone for a bit haha. This is the first room you see when you enter the front door, so I want it to be as welcoming as it can be. I will let the pictures speak for themselves and not chit chat too much.

***Living Room***


Here is a view as you enter the front door.


This room drops down a few steps and on either side of the pop outs in the wall I have candle sconces.


It was hard to get a good picture of this area with the big window so I had to use the flash.  Last year I bought the curtains from Kirkland's and then added the fabric and fringe to the tops.


Here is a close- up of the arrangement on top of the T.V.  



 I am OBSESSED with pillows LOL.


I need to add a picture to this frame I had a picture of Jackson in it from his first Christmas.





I hope you all have a great day!! I will be back in a day or so to show you the other part of this room!

Joining Marty for Tabletop Tuesday
& Kristen for Share your creations

~Allyson~

11 comments:

L said...

Hi Allyson! I think you've got the look you were going for in here; warm and inviting. I like all of the vignettes you've created.
I look forward to part 2 of this room. I'm glad you're enjoying decorating your new home.
talk to you soon, Lu

Maria Elena said...

Allyson, your living room looks so warm and pretty! I love the colors and I am in love with the pillows on your sofa! Gorgeous!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your living room looks elegant, warm and cozy! I love your drapes, you did a wonderful job! I love pillows, too!

XO,
Jane

An Oasis in the Desert said...

It looks really lovely, Allyson! I really like the red tones you have going on. Looking forward to seeing the 2nd part.
CAS

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Allyson, I love this room and all of the warm colors!! It looks sooo inviting. Love the pillows...I like lots of pillows, as well! Your vignettes are great!!

The Tuscan Home said...

Way to go, Allyson! You've done a wonderful job of making your home very pretty, warm, and inviting. I love all your vignettes and the color scheme is just lovely. You have me intrigued on part 2....can't wait to see! xo ~Liz

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Gorgeous Allyson, I love all your crosses and pillows. Of course you know how to layer and use them so well. I would like to add greenery like you used, so pretty. The reds are so stunning, thank you.

Nicole Day said...

Warm and inviting, Allyson! Three ideas I will borrow - putting a vignette on our huge floor TV, adding a tassel to my floor lamp and putting a candle warmer or small fountain on one side table. Yah! Like Liz at Savvy Seasons, you are encouraging me to give Ross a try again (it's been years!) Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how beautiful. Love the touches of red. Gorgeous. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

I'm inspired! Such a lovely home. New to your blog through Marty's TTT.
We have such similar tastes in decorating. I have the same LR furniture with mirror over love seat, etc. So trilled to find your blog. I WILL be back for more inspiration!

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Ally! Your living room looks wonderful! I love the pillows and curtains. Would you believe I have not put my living room and kitchen back together since Christmas?? I was going to do something new but have not had time. I'm getting really sick of looking at empty tables. Maybe I'll get things done soon. Thanks for joining my party!! Kristen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...