Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Front Living Room Tour

Hey guys!! I am so sorry I haven't done a blog post in what seems like forever! I have been so busy with the move, holidays and just everyday life. It seems as though its taking me forever to get this house finished, but I have finally finished this room, so now I am ready to show it to you all.

Let me start off by saying I have had a bit of a challenge, we went from a 3000 sqft house to a 1700 sqft house, so at first we were culture shocked big time, but I think we are finally adjusting to it. Okay on with the pictures! I won't do much talking it's all about the pictures anyway!! 

Here is the view as you enter the front door. I am LOVING all of this tile with having little ones around and pets it makes it so much easier to keep clean and looking nice. I am wanting to find a rug to go under the ottoman.




 This house has vaulted ceilings, so it makes you feel like it isn't so small. 



I kept a lot of the things the same as the old house, like these candle holders with a flower arrangement on top. I just love this look!



 I took a couple valances that I had hanging up in the old house and scrunched them up on top of the ottoman. 






 I had to keep my bakers rack out here there was no where else it would fit.


Here's a couple close ups.




 I used the curtains that were behind my table in the old house in here. 


I really wanted to keep this piano, so I made it work by angling it in this corner.


I added some lamps, candlesticks with garden balls on top, finials, urns and of course greenery.


Here's some close ups.






 Here are some pictures of the desk. 





I hope you enjoyed my front living room tour! I will be sharing my kitchen area next. I hope you all have a great week!! See you soon!!!

~Allyson~

Linking up to Pamela for Treasure hunt Thursday
&
Maria for Tuesday's at Our Home

10 comments:

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

So happy to see a new post from you Allyson! Your new living looks so inviting. You are right, the tile is great and looks fabulous! Also, I love the angle of the piano, it gives such cozy feel to your room. Jane

The Tuscan Home said...

Hi Ally,
Your room and accessorizing looks gorgeous. The colors are so warm and inviting. I am in love with your bakers rack, so pretty! Can't wait to see more. Xo, Liz

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hey Alison, I have missed you my friend! I'm so glad you're back and with a great excuse...you've been decorating away your new house and everything looks gorgeous, you did an amazing job! Your bakers rack, ceiling fan and the piano are swoonnnn!!!!!!!
FABBY

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love bakers racks and have 3 of them!!! I also love all of your accessories and how you did a flower arrangement on the sconces, good idea! Do you play the piano???? I took lessons as a kid but haven't played since then. Have a great week.

Dani Covarrubias said...

Your new home looks beautiful. I love that you found a way to keep your piano. I didn't know what to do with mine, so it's on loan to my sister. I can't wait to see the kitchen. So nice to see you blogging again.

Unknown said...

I like the new house set up! Love your decorations and can't wait to catch up with you!

Do you have any idea what happened to "Savvy Seasons"? I loved her blog too and then she wasn't there one day?

~Heather

An Oasis in the Desert said...

So happy to see a post from you, Allyson! I do see things all the time on FB, but nothing home-related. Glad you have gotten settled in and adjusted to the new size home. Your living room looks lovely, and all the vignettes are so you! Look forward to seeing the kitchen!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Ally, I just saw your post! Your new place is so pretty! You did a great job with your decor. I love the piano on the angle. I did that in my living room. Everything feels so warm and inviting. Can't wait to see more!

Becca Bertotti said...

Beautiful home, Allyson! I love the vaulted ceilings and how you've arranged your front room! And, hey, downsizing can be a good thing ... less to clean! Congrats!

Stacey said...

Very pretty! I really like the touches of red and all of your accessories. Moving is hard, don't you think? We moved 1 1/2 years ago to this house....well, we changed states too. I love being here but it sure took me awhile to have it feel like home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...